The screening is followed by a Q&A led by ICA Associate Curator of Artists' Film and Moving Image, Steven Cairns
Artist and Filmmaker VALIE EXPORT’s career spans five decades, and comprises numerous groundbreaking works of a provocational and often controversial nature. This programme of short films draws together a significant cross section of her moving image works produced between 1966 and the present.
- Self-Portrait with Head, 1966-67, 8mm, no colour, no sound, 4 min.
- TAPP und TASTKINO, 1968, Betacam SP, no colour, sound, 2 min.
- Body Tape, 1970, Betacam SP, no colour, sound, 4 min.
- Man & Woman & Animal, 1970-73, 16mm, colour, sound, 10 min.
- Interrupted Line, 1971-72, 16mm, no colour, sound, 3 min.
- Remote…Remote…, 1973, 16mm, colour, sound, 10 min.
- Space-Seeing Space-Hearing, 1973-74, Betacam SP, no colour, sound, 6 min.
- i turn over the pictures of my voice in my head, 2009, Betacam SP, colour, sound, 12 min.
- Anagrammatical Composition with Dice by VALIE EXPORT (W.A Mozart, Piano) for Soprano Saxophone, 2010, Video, no colour, sound, 6min.
Supported by Collection Native Informant